When I first started this Fun Travel page, I thought that I would just report my daily journey around North America in my Toy Hauler trailer and on my Harley. (Easy enough to do with today's technology.)
However, my RV travel only lasted a year due to the "gazillion" problems I had with my new trailer (see "RV Lifestyle" below).
As a result, I've decided to change the format of this page somewhat. (In fact, I'm going to change it a lot!)
What I'm going to do is use this Fun Travel page as "home page" for all my journeys. That way, I can send you to pages that contain just the fun or interesting parts of my trips and leave out a lot of the mundane parts. Or, if I travel to a place I find interesting, then I'll give you a little info about why I found it interesting in case you also want to experience it.
So, check out my revue of South Padre Island in Texas, or my year in an RV, or any of my many motorcycle adventures below. Then get out and do some travelling yourself!
Here's an account of my 2015 journey to South Padre Island and back in my vintage 1978 MGB sportscar. Needless to say, I had many adventures with the old car!
I spent a month there this year and I'm going back for 2 next year! Find out why by clicking above.
As I mentioned above, I had a few problems with my trailer. Click above to see just how bad it really was. If you're not familiar with travel trailers, then here's an idea of the complexity that I had to deal with. There is a 12 volt system, a generator and "shore power" to juggle; a fresh water tank, a grey water tank and a black water tank along with city water; antenna TV, cable TV and DV player/radio; a convection oven/microwave; a fridge that runs on propane or electricity, ditto the hot water heater and a furnace that runs on 12 volts and propane!
What all that means is that there is a lot to learn and a lot of room for disaster.
Did I also mention that I had to haul this house around streets and roads with a very long truck? Is it any wonder that it was an adventure?
By clicking above, you can see where I've been with the trailer and read the regular entries that I made. It will take you to another website however, so you might want to bookmark this Fun Travel page before you go.
I had a lot of fun travel around North America on my motorcycle before I bought my toy-hauler trailer and I took a video camera with me a couple of times. You can catch those fun trips here.
To see the fun travel I had on my first trip down the West Coast and back check out this story. I called it Motorcycle Marauder.
Catch my motorcycle misadventure along the Extraterrestrial Highway.
Some of these should bring a smile to your face if you're just looking for some light reading. These are actual complaints received by Thomas Cook Holidays from dissatisfied customers:
* "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local Convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."
* "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallarta to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time - this should be banned."
* "On my fun travel holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."
* "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price"
* "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room."
* "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow."
* "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."
* "No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."
* "Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers."
* "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."
* "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."
* "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."
* "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends' three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."
* "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the resort'. We're trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service."
* "There were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."
* "We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."
* "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."
* "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."
* "My fiance and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-embursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."
BE AWARE...THEY WALK AMONG US!
Click below to find out how to make money through travel.
CLICK HERE to return to the Fun Things Dot Com home page.
Please note that the "What's New?" section below is updated whenever something I think is funny comes along, therefore some of these "New" blogs further down the page may already have been replaced by the time you click on them!
Mar 03, 23 12:00 AM
Jul 09, 22 12:00 AM
Oct 24, 21 12:00 AM
Sep 24, 21 12:00 AM
Jul 22, 21 12:00 AM
Check out the page above. You might have missed something!